Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Disney Movie Pollyanna....

 I finally bought the Disney Movie, "Pollyanna," on Google Play.. I watched it with my 2 & 4 year old.  I loved every second of it and it brought back so many wonderful memories of these great movies from when I was young.  Even after watching this movie so many times as a kid, it still makes me cry today.  The house and the costumes that they used in the movie were so beautiful.  I was so anxious to see where they filmed the movie.  I found this wonderful website... www.hookedonhouses.net 

 You have to check out this site.  The woman that writes the blog has tons of homes that are featured in movies and tv.  Another one of my favorite shows of all time is, Charmed.  She has a wonderful article on the famous Halliwell Home!  I have to thank her for bringing back so many treasured memories of my childhood with her information and writing.

The Grand Victorian Mansion used in the movie "Pollyanna"
by hookedonhouses
Pollyanna Disney movie Hayley Mills Victorian house
After 11-year old Pollyanna is orphaned, she goes to live with her stern and humorless Aunt Polly (Jane Wyman), who lives in this three-story mansion.
Pollyanna movie Victorian house
The movie was based on the classic 1913 novel by Eleanor H. Porter and takes place in 1910, so the filmmakers faced the challenge of recreating the era. They decided to film in Santa Rosa, California, but couldn’t find a three-story house that would work. The solution? A little Hollywood magic.
Visit my TV/Movie Houses page to see more, including…

No comments:

Post a Comment